Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Start, Old Friends

So there are tons of good trails across the country. And there are lots of great trails too. But us riders here in the great Western North Carolina region are pretty spoiled. Most of us have the benefit of walking out of our back doors, grabbing a bike, and going on a long ride in one of the best trail systems in the country. And I suppose I am not a true local, but having ridden these trails as often as I can and having most of my friends being locals, I consider these my "home" trails. And what a better place to start a journey of finding new, well... everything, than finding new joys on old trails. By starting something new and different, with old and familiar faces.

So I decided to spend the weekend riding and camping all over Pisgah Forest. Butter Gap, Heartbreak Ridge, Greens Lick, and plenty of other great trails were ridden this weekend. Gorgeous weather, views, and trails. How could it not be a great weekend? Your bedroom window is a great view of freshly bloomed rhododendron from your hammock and your back porch looks off a ledge to watch the sun rise over the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Bedroom

Back porch


Dropping in on Greens Lick!

No comments:

Post a Comment