Sunday, June 23, 2013

"Welcome to Ashland man. Want to ride?"

Sorry y'all, but no photos for this quick update! Just wanted to get it out there that after way too much driving through bare nothingness, I have found myself in Ashland, Oregon! My first day here I managed to ride around town, introduce myself to some cool new people, and meet some good guys from good shops. First thing one guy did was invite me to a "Super Moon ride" where a bunch of people shuttle up to the top of a nearby mountain and end up going about 15 miles downhill with no lights! Just ridding under the moon! Bring a bike, bring a helmet, and have a good time cruising (or hauling ass!) with a bunch of guys. So sure enough I went out and what a good first ride experience! It wasn't on dirt, but still probably 25 people all out just to enjoy being on a bike. The whole way down was two lane, curvy mountain road. Tons of fun. A few guys had Garmins and computers and most hit somewhere around the 45mph range and most of us were on some sort of dirt jump or mountain bike. Have to say I showed up just in time to join in for the fun ride, and am stoked to be here for the next few weeks! Starting classes in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment